The Office of Distance Learning and Instructional Technology offers a variety of services to enhance teaching and learning throughout the university for both face-to-face and online classes. Our experts are available for one-on-one consultations as well as custom workshops for individual departments. Topics can include a broad range of subjects in teaching, learning and assessment techniques in the online environment. We endeavor to achieve this by:
- Maintaining the Faculty and Student Blackboard Helpdesk including just-in-time training.
- Creating a positive environment for collegial and collaborative interaction on online teaching & learning-related issues for all faculty.
- Offering a variety of training and support services in eLearning for all faculty and students of online and blended courses.
- Fostering collegial discussion and idea sharing, online symposia and discussion groups, and publications (newsletter, virtual learning communities and other resources).
- Creating Professional Development opportunities for faculty who want to learn more about using technology and instructional media.
- Cultivating an atmosphere of safe exploration and personal growth for faculty, staff, and students experiencing change in the learning environment due to new and emerging technologies.
The professional development opportunities are designed for faculty members busy schedules. Hence, we schedule an intense bootcamp during the summer and host workshops/seminars during the Fall and Spring. The topics/workshops are determined by needs expressed by our faculty. If our office (DLIT) does not have the necessary expertise, we will bring it the expertise from outside.
Professional Development Opportunities
- Spring 2016 Calendar of events, workshops and webinars by DLIT
- Blackboard Learn Organizational Course (http://learn.unt.edu)
- BlendKit 2016 (http://blended.online.ucf.edu/blendkit-course/)
- Quality Matters (http://www.qmprogram.org) - Various other courses
- Online Learning Consortium (http://onlinelearningconsortium.org/learn/webinars/)
- WCET Webcasts (http://wcet.wiche.edu/connect/webcasts)
DLIT provides Blackboard open labs on Tuesdays from 2:00 PM - 4:00 PM in DAL1, Rm 336.
The intensive Blackboard Institute is offered during the Summer.
Contact our office to see scheduled training events.
Teaching Conference Directory
This directory includes a chronological listing of teaching conferences and their sponsoring organizations, dates, and locations. The conferences may also be filtered by discipline or topic. (Courtesy of Kennesaw State University Center for Excellence in Teaching and Learning)
Teaching Journals Directory
This directory is a comprehensive list of journals focused upon university teaching and related research. Journals are both disciplinary and interdisciplinary. (Courtesy of Kennesaw State University Center for Excellence in Teaching and Learning)