IRS Data Retrieval Tool (DRT)
Looking to receive your financial aid as quickly as possible? The data retrieval tool allows applicants who have already filed their federal income tax returns to prefill the answers to certain questions on the FAFSA by transferring data from their federal income tax returns. This tool greatly expedites the financial aid process. Click here for step-by-step instructions on how to use the data retrieval tool. As always, do not hesitate to contact the financial aid office with any questions you may have!
All students are required to provide information about their expected enrollment. Students will need to access My Financial Aid within their Student Center on myUNTD. Timely submission of this information, in addition to completing any other "To Do List" items, will reduce delays in processing financial aid awards for the upcoming year. Below are instructions on how to complete this.
- Log onto UNT Dallas student portal
- On the menu to the left, select Financial Aid
- In the "Financials and Financial Aid Section", select My Financial Aid
- Select the appropriate Aid Year
- Select Expected Enrollment Form
- Select your expected enrollment and click Submit
Federal Loan Counseling
There are various types of loan counseling students may need to complete as a prerequisite to receiving their loan(s). A few of the different types of counseling that may be required include:
- Entrance Counseling
- Financial Awareness Counseling
- PLUS Counseling
- Exit Counseling
Students can stay informed as to which types of counseling may be required of them by checking their to-do list on the UNT Dallas student portal. To determine what you need to complete your counseling session click here.
Ready to complete your counseling session right now? Click here.
Master Promissory Note (MPN)
The Master Promissory Note is a required legal document which serves as your promise to repay your loan(s) and any accrued interest and fees to the U.S. Department of Education. It also explains the terms and conditions of your loan(s).
Again, ensure you are regularly monitoring your to-do list. Like many other types of financial aid requirements, the MPN will populate here.
To complete an electronic MPN:
- From the StudentLoans.gov home page, click on the "Log In" button located in the "Manage My Direct Loans" box. The Log in page will appear.
- Use of another person's FSA ID constitutes fraud. Use only your own FSA ID information.
- Once logged in, click on the "Complete MPN" option located under the "Master Promissory Note" heading on the left menu bar. The Master Promissory Note (MPN) page will appear.
- Select the type of loan you would like to receive.
- Follow the instructions to complete, sign, and submit your MPN.