Six UNT Dallas students recently had the good fortune of turning their passion for serving others into internships, and their internships into full-time employment. Each of the six students are in human services management and leadership (HSML) program led by Dr. Constance Lacy, dean of the School of Human Services.
The six students include:
- Denise Flores, Reading Partners North Texas
- Glenda Dwelling, PC&S/Grace Presbyterian Village
- Stephanie Harris, City Square
- Martha Thrash, Our Calling, Inc.
- Emma Shelby, Reach Council Prevention Services
- Kimberleigh Lewis, The Turnaround Agenda
Students credit the quality professors and encouragement they receive in the classroom for their ability to find success outside the classroom. The program combines applied learning with academic training.
The HSML program is known for routinely matching area employers with well-prepared employees, typically in the non-profit industry. In spring 2016, nearly every HSML graduate had a job offer by commencement.
For more information about the HSML program, visit http://www.untdallas.edu/hs/programs/hsml.