UNT Dallas graduated its second cohort of emerging leaders Thursday, March 30, 2017 as a part of the Navigating Leadership program taught by UNT System Human Resources.
The 13 program graduates include professors, assistant deans, and staff from various departments. The group met monthly to learn and discuss various leadership principles. Dr. Monica Williams, vice president of university advancement and president of the UNT Dallas Foundation, served as the cohort’s sponsor and mentor. Shelly Dietderich, manager of talent development for UNT System Human Resources, served as the cohort’s primary instructor.
“It is remarkable that the UNT System invests in future leaders,” Williams said. “This fine group of professionals challenged one another, and encouraged each other. They each exemplify what true leadership means.”
The seven-month program covered topics such as leading from one’s strengths, conflict management, and the keys to developing influence.
Graduates of the second cohort include:
- Dr. Aaron Bartula, Asst. Dean and Assistant Professor of Criminal Justice, School of Liberal Arts & Sciences
- Dr. Daniel Friesen, Asst. Dean and Associate Professor of Business Decision Science, School of Business
- Herbert “Jay” Hayes, Veteran Success Center Coordinator
- Keeshala Henderson, HR Generalist
- Lara Huddleston, Degree Audit Coordinator, Registrar
- Alounda Joseph, Director of Graduate Recruitment
- Dr. Noureen Khan, Associate Professor of Mathematics, Fulbright Scholar
- David Kirkwood, Web Administrator, Marketing Communications
- Dr. Sheila Lumar, Program Coordinator, School of Human Services
- Dr. Elizabeth Muniz, Assistant Professor of Business Management ,School of Business
- Paulina Romero, Director of the Learning Commons
- Interim Chief Christopher Shaw, UNT Dallas Police
- Sam Shi, Director of Strategic Analysis and Reporting
For more information about the Navigating Leadership program or other UNT System professional development opportunities, email Gary.Finney@untdallas.edu.
Additional photos from the event are available at https://untd.smugmug.com/17062-Navigating-Leadership-Rece/.
Date: March 30, 2017
By: Ashley Johnson, PR/Communication Director, Ashley.Johnson@untdallas.edu, 972-338-1098