How can I meet with an advisor?
The Office of Academic Advising and Student Success can be reached via live chat during business hours. In addition, if you have financial aid questions, you can get help during these advising sessions by contacting Student Solutions live chat.
When will campus open and which resources will be open?
The information booth at the campus entrance will check-in students upon arrival. UNT Dallas will reopen in a limited capacity on Jan. 19, classes are offered online with a limited number in-person until further notice.
- The UNT Dallas Library online resources are available 24 hours. Due to COVID-19 restrictions, access to the physical library and study room spaces, is suspended until further notice. The library is scanning a limited number of chapters of textbook course reserve items by request, but copyright restrictions apply. Contact library staff during the normal hours of operation, at Library@untdallas.edu, or 972-338-1616 for help with research, or to schedule a virtual appointment.
- Computer Labs will be open by appointment only; hours will be determined by student demand. To make an appointment, contact the Office of Information Technology Service Desk at 972-338-1448. Students can also visit the Service Desk in the Center for Media Production located on the lower level of the Student Center (Room 23). The lower level is accessible either by elevator or the staircase to the right of Campus Hall. Reservations can be made Monday – Thursday from 8 a.m. – 10 p.m., and on Friday from 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- University ID cards can be acquired by making an appointment with the Office of Information Technology (OIT) here. If you have an existing ID card, you do not need a new one. Appointments will be taken at the OIT Service Desk at the Center for Media Production (CMP) checkout window (Room 23) located in the lower level of the Student Center. Appointments are available Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- Starbucks will be closed until further notice.
- To rent or buy your textbooks online, go to the UNT Dallas bookstore website For more information or questions, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- UNT Dallas students are permitted on campus only if they are a student resident or if they have a scheduled appointment with an office that is open during modified hours of operation.
Which areas will be closed for all student use?
Student, faculty and staff breakrooms, the coffee makers, the water fountains, kitchen areas, the refrigerators, the gym and the showers will be closed. Study spaces in all campus buildings will be closed. The Student Organizations workroom will be closed to all students with the exception of access to any general use printer in the common areas. Students who require use of the Mother’s Room should contact the Office of Student Affairs at 972-338-1775 or email StudentAffairs@untdallas.edu to schedule time for such use.
Is a hotline accessible for students with questions about all aspects of the university?
Yes. For all questions, call or text: 972-503-9253. You may need to leave a message and someone will contact you as soon as possible. Thank you for your patience.
You can also email StudentSolutions@untdallas.edu or use the chat box tool accessible at the bottom left corner of our website.
Is technology assistance available if I dont have a laptop?
In order to assist students with the technology needed to successfully learn from home, UNT Dallas will have a limited number of Chromebooks or laptops and WiFi hotspots available to check out for those who need support. Students may request technology support by calling or texting the student hotline at 972-503-9253
Can I study on campus?
The campus will have quiet study hours in Campus Hall. Students will be required to register for available time slots. The following days and times will be available to students:
All university safety protocols must be followed. Students will be required to check-in once entering Campus Hall and check-out upon exiting. Seating is limited and will be on a first-come basis based on registration. Please continue to check your university email for an update regarding the Quiet Study registration link and any corresponding details.
If you are a student in need of accommodations please contact Cindy Suarez with the Office of Disability Services at (972)-338-1777 or Cynthia.email@example.com.
What do I do if I forget my face covering and I’m on campus?
Students are expected to provide their own face covering every day they visit campus. If you forget and come to campus without a face covering, please visit the UNT Dallas police department.
How can students access the Student Health Clinic?
The Student Health Clinic has transitioned from in-person visits to virtual telehealth until further notice. Health visits are paid for by your student fee. To schedule an appointment, email UNTDStudentHealth@unthsc.edu. If you are experiencing a medical emergency, call 911 or go to the nearest emergency department. Currently, COVID-19 testing is not available at the clinic.
Will student workers be permitted to work on campus?
Please contact your supervisor to determine if you will be working remotely or on campus. You must complete mandatory training before returning to on-campus work.
If I’m a student with a work-study position, will I still be paid for my current federal work-study award?
Yes, you will still be paid up to your federal work-study award amount. Please discuss specifics with your federal work-study supervisor.
Is the Counseling and Wellness Center accessible?
All counseling services provided at UNT Dallas are still available through virtual teletherapy. If interested in making an appointment with the UNT Dallas Counseling & Wellness Center, please email Counseling.Wellness@untdallas.edu or contact a staff member directly from 8:30 a.m. – 5 p.m., Monday – Friday:
- Dr. Shanda Riley, Assistant Director: 682-738-4977
- Erica Little, Case Manager: 469-630-2250
- Teresa Espino, Counselor: 682-738-6029
- Allison Scott, Counselor: 214-430-4379
Students also continue to have access to WellConnect. Through WellConnect, students and members of their households have access to one-on-one, 24/7, telephonic access to licensed mental health professionals for in-the-moment support. Other WellConnect services include:
- Six (6) sessions of telephonic counseling, or in-person sessions from preferred providers in the area, at locations and times that are convenient.
- Debt and financial consultation.
- Health and wellness consultations.
- Students can access WellConnect at any time by calling 1-866-640-4777 and identifying themselves as a UNT Dallas student or a family/household member of a UNT Dallas student.
How can I set up a payment plan or speak with someone regarding my tuition bill?
How do I meet with the Student Access and Success Staff?
Due to adjustments related to COVID-19, students seeking to meet with anyone in the Division of Student Access and Success may do so by appointment only. Please refer to the following contact options:
Academic Advising and Student Success
Financial Aid and Scholarships
- Student Affairs: 972-338-1775 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Counseling and Wellness: 972-338-1816 or email@example.com
- Career Services: https://app.joinhandshake.com/login to schedule an appointment
- Disability Services: 469-554-8884 or Cynthia.firstname.lastname@example.org
- Veteran’s Success: 972-338-1786 or Marijke.email@example.com
- Student Involvement and Organizations: https://untdallas.presence.io/organization/student-involvement-organizat... and select the contact us button; or Rifeta.firstname.lastname@example.org or Berenice.email@example.com
- Leadership and Multicultural Programs: 972-338-1775 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Student Health Services: UNTDStudentHealth@unthsc.edu
(front counter for Undergraduate Admissions, Financial Aid and Scholarships and Registrar, but they can help with any questions you have about anything at UNT Dallas)
- Freshman and Transfer Admissions: Admissions@untdallas.edu or (972) 780-3642
- New Student Orientation: Orientation@untdallas.edu or (972) 338-1663
- Campus Tours and Visit Program: Visit@untdallas.edu or (972) 780-3661
- Use the chat box located in the bottom corner of this website
How can I access tutoring services if I need help with my classes?
While the Learning Commons is not open for students to visit in person, the Learning Commons is hosting tutoring and help sessions online via Zoom. Check out the hours for the Learning Commons and schedule an appointment.
Will the VA pay for students who may be moved to online programs if the online program has not been approved by the State?
Yes. The Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) will continue providing the same level of education benefits to students having to take courses online due to the coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak. For more information, click here.
How do I contact the UNT Dallas Police Department?
To report any safety concerns, suspicious activity on campus or in an emergency, contact:
- UNT Dallas Police Department Cell: 972-946-0566
- Emergency Dispatch: 972-780-3000
- Parking/shuttling: 972-780-3009
Students may also download and utilize the Live Safe app on your smart phone.
Who do I contact if I have additional questions?
Please refer to the UNT Dallas COVID-19 Knowledge Center for additional information. If you still have unanswered questions, please contact the student hotline for additional resources and information at StudentSolutions@untdallas.edu or 972-503-9253. Expect to leave a message and have your call returned, as the hotline number is experiencing a high call volume. You can also contact us via live chat.