Stay Safe Trailblazers
Plans continue to unfold for resuming on-campus operations. The university is using a phased approach and expects to see around 75% of campus services operating face-to-face on or around September 1. Please continue to check your student or employee email and this website for updates.
UNT Dallas will keep safety measures in place including:
- Plexiglass in specific areas
- Maintaining classrooms and residence hall at lowered capacity
- Hand sanitizer in every building and frequent cleaning of high-touch areas
- Touchless food service and touchless devices in bathrooms
- Increased air flow and air filtration systems
- Social distancing
How do I obtain a COVID-19 vaccine?
COVID-19 vaccines are encouraged by the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) to help stop the spread of the COVID-19 virus and to keep you, your family, and your community safe. There are multiple locations throughout the metroplex to obtain a vaccine. Please refer to your county’s website for details on where vaccines are available in your area.
Where can I get tested for COVID-19?
If you’re in need of COVID-19 testing, the Dallas County Health Department website has a list of testing locations.
I think I may have COVID-19 or have been in contact with someone who does. What should I do?
Fill out the COVID Reporting Form and quarantine at home.
Where can I learn more about the vaccines?
Read more about the available vaccines on the CDC website
CARES Act Reporting Requirements
- UNTD signed and submitted a Certification and Agreement to the Department of Education and intends to use no less than 50 percent of the funds received under Section 18004(a)(1) of the CARES Act to provide Emergency Financial Aid Grants to students.
- UNTD received $1,518,405.00 from the Department of Education pursuant to the Certification and Agreement for Emergency Financial Aid Grants to Students.
- UNTD has distributed a total of $1,084,047.37 to students under Section 18004(a)(1) of the CARES Act as of 3/31/21.
- UNTD has an estimated total of 4,100 students eligible to participate in programs under Section 484 in Title IV of the Higher Education Act of 1965 and thus eligible to receive Emergency Financial Aid Grants to students under Section 18004(a)(1) of the CARES Act.
- A total of 4,115 students have received Emergency Financial Aid Grants under Section 18004(a)(1) of the CARES Act as of 3/31/21.
- An application was established to capture basic information, including how the student was financially impacted by the closure of the campus due to COVID-19. Each application was reviewed to ensure eligibility according to the Department of Education guidelines, to confirm the student expressed need, and to evaluate the amount requested. Eligible students were awarded in the order in which their application was received. UNTD is ensuring that the application, awarding, and processing allows as many students as possible to receive Emergency Financial Aid Grants.
- All enrolled students were notified of the availability of grants and the application by an email to the full student body that also included other relevant COVID-19 information. Additional information was communicated through social media, website posts, and regular campus news emails. The secure application for the Emergency Financial Aid Grants was posted on our institutional COVID-19 resource page for the fall 2020 term.
- Quarterly Budget and Expenditure Reporting under CARES Act Sections 18004(a)(1) Institutional Portion, and 18004(a)(2) Minority Serving Institutions.
Q3 2020 | Q4 2020 | Q1 2021 | Q2 2021 | Q3 2021