Start Your Research:
- Ebsco EDS: The EDS provides users with a streamlined search of multiple databases through a single search box. [Quick Guide]
- Proquest Central: is the largest single periodical resource available, bringing together complete databases across all major subject areas, including Business, Health and Medical, Language and Literature, Social Sciences, Education, Science and Technology, as well as core titles in the Performing and Visual Arts, History, Religion, Philosophy, and includes thousands of full-text newspapers from around the world (Access: Wall Street Journal and New York Times). [Quick Guide]
- Credo Reference find background information from authoritative academic encyclopedias, dictionaries, and handbooks. [Quick Guide]
- Cabells Journal Whitelist and Blacklist: the complete source for journal info, evaluation metrics, and submission details. Cabell's features the Journal Whitelist and blacklist. The Whitelist allows users to explore more than 11,000 qualified academic journals to discover the perfect outlet for their research. Filter results using advanced search options and a suite of citation-backed metrics. The Journal Blacklist provides insight on the growing number of predatory publishers, the Blacklist aims to shine a light on the deceptive practices that threaten to undermine quality research. You may need to access this resource through Internet Explorer.
- Hospitality & Tourism Complete: is a trusted and unique full-text database covering all areas of hospitality and tourism, including hospitality law, market trends, food and beverage management and hotel management. In addition to hundreds of full-text journals, it provides magazines, company and country reports, books and newspapers.
- Academic Search Complete: Find information from academic peer-reviewed journals, periodicals, reports, books, and more.
- Bibliography of Native North Americans: covers many topics pertaining to native North Americans, including culture, history and daily life. This resource is ideal for researching the contributions, struggles and issues surrounding North America's indigenous peoples. It contains more than 300,000 citations for books, essays, journal articles and government documents of the United States and Canada, with coverage dating from the 16th century to the present.
- Business Abstracts with Full Text: covers a full range of business-related topics including finance, management, international business, human resources and marketing. It contains full-text articles from key publications and provides product evaluations, interviews, biographical sketches, corporate profiles, obituaries, surveys, statistical rankings, book reviews and reports. Full text includes access to charts, graphs, photographs and other graphical content.
- Business Continuity & Disaster Recovery Reference Center: offers cover-to-cover indexing for journals, monographs, magazines and trade publications, all with a strong focus on BC/DR and closely aligned issues. It features hundreds of thousands of additional BC/DR-focused articles, benchmarks and best practices selected from hundreds of leading trade and industry publications. Many full text records come complete with images, tables, charts and other graphical information, providing users with the highest quality content.
- Business Source Complete: full-text journals in all disciplines of business, including marketing, management, MIS, POM, accounting, finance, and economics. Additional full-text, non-journal content includes financial data, books, monographs, major reference works, conference proceedings, case studies, investment research reports, industry reports, market research reports, country reports, company profiles, SWOT analyses, faculty seminars (videos), and more
- Communication and Mass Media Complete: is a communication studies database that covers related disciplines including media studies, linguistics, rhetoric, and discourse. The CMMC features nearly 430 full-text journals, cover-to-cover indexing, and abstracts for 670 journals, selected coverage of nearly 200 journals, more than 5,500 author profiles. In addition, CMMC contains a sophisticated communication thesaurus for comprehensive reference browsing.
- Computer Source: Contains nearly 300 full-text journals and magazines covering topics such as computer science, programming, artificial intelligence, cybernetics, information systems, robotics, and software. Computer Source™ provides a balance of full-text technical journals and full-text consumer computer titles.
- ERIC (Education Resource Information Center): an authoritative database of indexed and full-text education literature and resources.
- Family Studies Abstracts: This database includes bibliographic records covering essential areas related to family studies, including marriage, divorce, family therapy and other areas of key relevance to the discipline.
- Fuente Académica Premier: provides extensive full-text coverage of Spanish-language scholarly content from Latin America, Portugal, and Spain is designed to make academic research readily available in PDF format.
- Gale Legal Forms: Provides a wide selection of state-specific (and multi-state) legal forms across the most popular legal areas. Includes real estate contracts, wills, pre-marital agreements, bankruptcy, divorce, landlord tenant and many others. Also included is a comprehensive attorney state directory and a dictionary of legal definitions explained in laymen's language.
- Health Source: Nursing/Academic Edition: provides nearly 550 scholarly full-text journals focusing on many medical disciplines.
- Heinonline: Legal journal articles, government documents, and legal treatises (for more information please contact.
- JSTOR: The database provides access to archived backfiles of journals in the arts and sciences, business, language and literature, science, ecology, botany, and music. Users can access full-text content beginning with the first volume of some journals although recent volumes may or may not be included. Content ranges from 1890 to the present.
- Legal Collection: Containing full text for more than 300 of the world's most respected, scholarly law journals, this database is an authoritative source for information on current issues, studies, thoughts, and trends of the legal world.
- Lynda.com: Learn software, creative, and business skills to achieve your personal and professional goals from thousands of courses.
- Master File Complete: MasterFILE Complete offers the largest collection of popular full-text magazines, reference books and other highly-regarded sources from the world's leading publishers. Covering virtually every general interest subject area, it also includes an extensive collection of photos, maps, and flags.
- Medline: Created by the United States National Library of Medicine, MEDLINE is an authoritative bibliographic database containing citations and abstracts for biomedical and health journals used by health care professionals, nurses, clinicians, and researchers.
- Mental Measurements Yearbook: Produced by the Buros Center for Testing at the University of Nebraska, this database provides a comprehensive guide to contemporary testing instruments. Designed for an audience ranging from novice test consumers to experienced professionals, the series contains information for evaluating test products in psychology, education, business, and leadership.
- Military and Government Collection: Designed to offer current news pertaining to all branches of the military and government, this database offers a thorough collection of periodicals, academic journals and other content pertinent to the increasing needs of these sites.
- Morning Star: is an investment research company offering mutual fund, ETF, and stock analysis, ratings, data, and portfolio tools.
- Newspaper Source Plus: provides a full-text digital collection of the world's major news content. It includes millions of articles from newspapers, newswires, and news magazines. In addition, it offers television and radio transcripts and ongoing daily updates from popular news sources.
- Professional Development Collection: Designed for professional educators, this database provides a highly specialized collection of nearly 520 high-quality education journals, including more than 350 peer-reviewed titles. This database also contains more than 200 educational reports. Professional Development Collection is the most comprehensive collection of full-text education journals in the world.
- PsycArticles: PsycARTICLES is a robust database offering complete access to the full text of more than 80 landmark journals in behavioral science and related fields.
- Psychology and Behavioral Science Collection: A comprehensive database covering information concerning topics in emotional and behavioral characteristics, psychiatry & psychology, mental processes, anthropology, and observational & experimental methods.
- Race Relations Abstracts: This resource provides a sole focus on content relating specifically to the relationship between races.
- RB Digital: Access to Great Courses.
RefWorks: Reference manage software that allows you to organize your research and create bibliographies in reference styles like APA, MLA, APSA, and hundreds of others. You can access and update your account online from any computer with an internet connection. [Create Account ; Quick Guide]
- Religion and Philosophy Collection: a comprehensive database covering topics such as world religions, major denominations, religious history, epistemology, political philosophy, philosophy of language, moral philosophy and the history of philosophy. With nearly 300 full-text journals.
- Teachingbooks.net: is a resource that offers readers multimedia instructional materials about children's and young adult books and their authors.
- Texshare Databases: A collection of databases (for access please contact UNT Dallas Library 972-338-1616).
- ValueLine Pro: Spanning thousands of U.S. companies, mutual funds, and other securities, industry sectors, indexes, and economic variables, Value Line data includes everything from full balance sheet data and income statement data to capital and equity structure.
- Academic Video Online: Academic Video Online is the most comprehensive video subscription available to libraries.
- Complete Counseling and Therapy: features applied training materials that help today's counseling students, faculty, and practitioners put theory into practice. The award-winning resources included in the channel offer more than 2,000 hours of training videos, conference sessions, and footage of actual therapy session and 100,000 pages of transcripts, client narratives, and reference works.
- Kanopy: Stream Classic Cinema, Indie Film, and Top Documentaries.
- EBook Central: an ebook collection providing authoritative content specializing in works in the fields of Science and Biology, Social Sciences, and Humanities. The resource also includes a large collection of Spanish eBooks.
- E-Libro Premium (SP): (for access please contact UNT Dallas Library 972-338-1616).