- In-Class Research Instruction [What we offer]
- Request Library Instruction form
- Reserve Materials
- Library Catalog
- TexShare Cards
- Request New Material in the Library & Database Trial Feedback
- Faculty Research Support
- Faculty Feedback
- Faculty Communication Preferences for Library News
The librarians teach information literacy / research instruction classes throughout the semester at your time preference; including evenings and Saturdays. Presentations are customized to fit the assignment. Topics available include but are not limited to:
- Using the electronic databases
- How to conduct effective research
- Using RefWorks to organize, save and retrieve research results
- Identifying primary and secondary sources
- Citation instruction
- Using the Internet for scholarly research
- How to avoid plagiarism
- Customized topics for your class
Send a request to the librarians with the Request Library Instruction form.
Faculty may place books or media, (DVDs/VHS) on reserve in the library for student access. Items are generally checked out for 3 hours, but it is at the faculty member's discretion. Some items may be placed on electronic reserve to allow students to view them online. Electronic reserve requests must be placed a minimum of two weeks prior to their initial use to guarantee availability when needed. Reserve materials are scheduled to be removed at the end of the semester, but may be extended at the instructor’s request.
The University of North Texas at Dallas Library adheres to all applicable Copyright Laws outlined in Title 17 of the United States Code.
Questions? Contact a librarian: Library@untdallas.edu
To Search and request Books or Media:
- Go to the Library Catalog.
- Enter the term(s) you wish to search for in the text box.
- Click on the Catalogue drop-down menu to choose to search by title, author, subject, ISBN, series or call number. Click on Go.
- From the search results page, you have the options to further refine your search, click on a title for more detailed information about the item, or place a hold on an item of interest.
- Log into your personal library account in the upper right corner. Once logged in, click on your name to view items checked out, renew items and submit purchase suggestions to the library.
TexShare library cards are available at no cost to UNT Dallas students, faculty and staff. TexShare cards allow checkout of material at any participating Texas library, academic, public or corporate. Rules for checkout are governed by the issuing library.
The library wants to support your class with appropriate materials. Titles that are not available electronically, may be purchased if funds are available. Please fill out the New Materials Request Form or log into your personal library account to submit a Purchase Suggestion.
Education & Human Services
Liberal Arts & Life Science
Urban & Professional Studies
Liberal Arts & Life Science