UNT Dallas Station Hours of Operation
It is the mission of the University of North Texas at Dallas Police Department and the Office of Student Affairs to provide a safe and secure learning environment for our faculty, staff and students. With that mission in mind, our offices have collaborated to offer courtesy escorts to and from the UNT Dallas Rail Station and adjoining to the UNT Dallas Parking Lots. This service will minimize the occurrences of having to commute alone during evening hours which increases the overall safety of our commuting community.
Will DART Police have a permanent presence at the station, or will they have roving patrols?
DART Police Presence:
- During day and evening hours, DART officers will periodically patrol the UNT Dallas Station during daytime and evening hours for 30 minutes at a time before traveling to the next station.
- UNT Dallas officers will regularly patrol the DART walkway as part of their BEAT Patrol.
- Rotating patrols will occur on a bi-hourly basis during daytime hours, and on an hourly rotation during evening hours once the campus is open 24/7.
Will there be a shuttle available to assist students to the station?
- UNT Dallas Police Department, along with the Office of Student Affairs, has purchased (2) golf carts that are operational to assist in safely transporting faculty, staff and students. .
- The Shuttle service will be available within the next couple of weeks.
- The Courtesy Shuttle will be operated by part-time student assistants, hired and trained by the UNT Dallas Police Department. This Shuttle service will provide escort services to anyone on campus during the hours of (5:00 PM – 10:00 PM) Monday - Friday.
- This service will minimize having to commute alone during evening hours. When the courtesy shuttle is not in service, UNT Dallas police officers can be contacted via Dispatch for escorts.
When does the courtesy shuttle operate, and where does it stop?
JAG LINE (Blue Express Shuttle-12 passenger electric Cart):
- UNT Dallas/DART Train Station
- Founder’s Hall
- DAL 1
- Residence Hall (when online)
- Lot 1
- Lot 2
- Back to UNT Dallas/DART Train Station
The JAG Line shuttle route will run approximately every 15-20 minutes and may change in the event of inclement weather.
CUB LINE (Green Express Shuttle-3 passenger Cart):
- Founder’s Hall
- Lot 2
- Lot 1
- DAL 1
- Back to Founder’s Hall
The CUB Line shuttle route will run approximately every 7 minutes, and may change in the event of inclement weather.
Pick-up location signs will be posted at each stop along with route locations.
How can I obtain an escort to the DART station?
When the courtesy shuttle is not in service, those needing an escort can contact UNT Dallas police at 972-780-3000.
When will the DART pathway cameras be installed?
The DART walkway will be equipped with 17 lighted poles, 9 high resolution cameras and 1 Code Blue Emergency Phone (centrally located on walkway) that will be pre-programmed to call Dispatch upon being activated. The cameras will be functional by the time the train starts running October 24, 2016. DART and UNT Dallas are working with Dallas Area Communications to complete the wiring infrastructure that will operationalize the Code Blue phone and cameras.
Where can students obtain DART passes?
- Complete the enrollment form.
- Ask your school registrar to sign and stamp the form OR attach a National Student Clearinghouse Current Enrollment Verification Certificate verifying that you are currently enrolled as a full-time undergraduate student. (Note: National Student Clearinghouse charges a $2.50 fee).
- Present your completed enrollment form (originals only), your current college photo ID and a $2.00 fee at the DART Store (Akard Station, 1401 Pacific Ave, Dallas, TX 75202; Monday-Friday, 9-11 a.m. or 2-4 p.m.)
- For more information, visit https://www.dart.org/fares/collegeid.asp to learn more about discounted day passes for students.