Registrar Office Front Desk Frequently Asked Questions

I can't access my classes on Blackboard.

Make sure you are enrolled in the class by logging into your student center and viewing your "Class Schedule".  If you are enrolled in the class, please contact the Distance Learning Office.  Contact information for the Distance Leanring office can be found at ( 

How do I change my major?

Complete the Change of Major form found here (  Once you complete it, you will need to have your advisor sign it, before we can process it.

I have a "Student Financial Obligation" hold on my account that is preventing me from registering for classes.

Click where is says "click here" and then click on "Remove Hold".  Read over the information and then click "confirm", on the bottom of the page.  This hold will need to be removed every semester you plan on enrolling in classes.

Why do I have an Advising hold on my account from the Registrar Office?

This hold means you need to schedule an appointment with your advisor.  The Advising Office can be reached at 972.338.1645 or

How do I make or change an appointment with an advisor?

Please contact the Advising Office at 972.338.1645 or

Why hasn't my grade been changed?

If your grade has not been changed, it means we have not received the approved Grade Change form in our office.  Please contact your instructor for more information.  Once an instructor submits a grade change, it has to be approved by the Department Chair and Academic Dean.  The Academic Dean submits the final, approved, grade change to our office for processing. We don't know how long the process usually takes.

How do I prove I am a resident?

Information regarding residency can be found here (  Here you will find the Core Residency Questionnaire and information on documentation you can submit to prove your residency.  If this is your first semester at UNT Dallas, and you graduated from a Texas High School, have lived in Texas for 36 months leading up to high school graduation and have lived in Texas for the last 12 months, please complete the Senate Bill 1528 Affidavit. You can get the Senate Bill 1528 Affidavit from the Admissions Office.

How long does it take for grades to post?

Please allow 3-5 business days, after the last day of finals for final grades to be posted.

How can I see which classes are being offered this semester?

Log into your Student Center and click on "class search". Enter the appropriate Course Career, Term, and Subject (ex: SPCH, SOCI, etc.), and then click "search".

How can I see which classes were offered in a previous semester?

Please email the Registrar Office at for more information.

How can I see which classes are being offered in a future semester?

Just before registration begins for the upcoming semester, you will be able to view the classes being offered by logging into your student center and clicking on "class search". Enter the appropriate Career/Course Career, Term, and Subject (ex: SPCH, SOCI, etc.), and then click "search".

I have been dropped from my classes due to non-payment.  What do I do now?

If you are a Veteran and are anticipating VA funds pay for school, please contact the Veteran Certifying Official.  The Veteran Certifying Official can be reached at 972.338.1770 or

If you are receiving Financial Aid for the summer, please follow up with the Financial Aid office to make sure they have all the documents they need from you.  Financial Aid cannot submit your file to the Federal Government, for review, until they have received all paperwork from you. They can be reached at 972.780.3662 or Financial aid must show as “pending” on your account, in order for you not to be dropped from your classes.

If you are waiting for Financial Aid to process or are having trouble paying your entire bill all at once, an Installment Plan, might be a good option for you.  Contact the Student Financials Office for more information.  They can be reached at 972.780.3658 or

How do I use VA Benefits to pay for school?

Please contact the Veteran Certifying Offical at or 972.338.1770.  More information can also be found at (

How do I come back to school if I have been suspended?

You will need to set an appointment with the Probabtion and Suspension Advisor, in the Advising Office.  They can be reached at 972.338.1645 or

I previously attended, over a year ago.  How do I get back into classes?

You will need to submit a re-admit application at  Please allow 2-3 weeks for processing.  If no one contacts you within 3 weeks, please call 972.338.1770.

Where can I get a DART pass?

After the census date, you can come to the Registrar Office to pick up the Reduced Student Application that you can take to DART.  We cannot give out the application until after the census date (usually 2 weeks after the first day of the semester). The census date for each term can be found on the Academic Calendar (

I took classes at another college.  How do I transfer those classes to UNT Dallas?

Please submit an official transcript, from that college, to the Registrar Office. Official transcripts must be in a sealed, unopened envelope.