What Happens if I Withdraw from the Entire Semester or Session (Withdraw from All Classes)?

Dropping or withdrawing from classes or failing to complete and pass registered hours may make you ineligible for financial aid. You must meet Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) requirements to maintain eligibility for financial aid as defined by the UNT Dallas Office of Student Financial Aid and Scholarships. For more information on UNT Dallas' SAP policies, please view the SAP guidelines.

In addition, if you drop below half-time enrollment you may be required to begin paying back your student loans. Please contact Student Financial Aid and Scholarships directly as your situation may vary.

If you officially withdraw, cease attendance or are administratively withdrawn from UNT Dallas, federal regulations require post-secondary institutions to calculate the amount of federal financial aid funds earned during the term from which you withdrew. It is possible you will owe a repayment of unearned financial aid funds to the university if you cease enrollment prior to the sixty percent (60%) completion point of any enrollment period for which you received federal financial aid funds. All financial aid funds will be canceled if your withdrawal is prior to the first day of classes or if you never attend.

To Withdraw from the Entire Semester or Session (All Courses)

Students wishing to withdraw from the entire semester or session must contact the Office of the Registrar and submit a Registration, Add, Drop, Cancellation, and Withdrawal form; along with the Withdrawing Student Survey.

Students receiving financial aid must also contact Student Financial Aid and Scholarships before dropping a class or withdrawing. Students receiving student loans may be required to complete loan exit counseling with a financial aid counselor before they are permitted to withdraw. Loan exit packets may also be mailed to students.

Leave of Absence

Graduate-level students who formally request, and are granted, a leave of absence will be exempted from the readmission requirements. A request for a leave of absence must be made through the department or program to the Office of Graduate Admissions, and is recorded on the student’s academic record by the Office of the Registrar. The leave of absence does not alter the time limits placed on graduate degrees.


Withdrawal Deadlines
(withdrawing from entire semester or session)

Please refer to the Academic Calendar for withdrawal deadlines.

For withdrawal refund deadlines and credit balance information, visit http://www.untdallas.edu/sfs/paymref.