The Veterans Success Center is a hub that provides multi-faceted support to student veterans and their dependents. The center is committed to assisting students in completing the admission and enrollment process, degree plan selection, course registration, and utilization of their V.A. benefits. The center helps student veterans become involved in student activities, clubs, access campus resources, access community resources, and ultimately transition into the civilian work force.
- Provides a safe space for veterans to share their military experiences
- Place to connect with the Veteran Community
- Promotes Social Engagement
- Provides readjustment counseling
- Promotes academic success
- Provides tutoring services
- Promotes Leadership and Community Service
- Provides information about services both on campus and in the community
- Promotes peer support through our Veterans Peer mentor program
- Provides work study opportunities and assist with internships through Career Services
- Access to Veteran Resources and Materials through the networks established by the Student Veterans Organization (SVO) and UNTD
Enrollment Certification Form
Hazlewood Act Application
Overview of the GI Bill®
U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs
Request your DD-214
Texas Veterans Portal
Veterans Readiness and Employment
Student Veteran Process Checklist
Veterans Success Center Learning Outcomes
The Veteran Success Center staff has identified the following Student Learning Outcomes (SLO’s) for the various services provided to student veterans and their families:
- Students will understand the importance of co-curricular programs for supporting and promoting their educational and life goals.
- Students will understand how to access their Educational Benefits. Students will also become familiar with other websites associated with veteran benefits.
- Student veterans will be able to identify resources provided by faculty and staff across the campus to assist them in their transition to student life.
- Students will understand and navigate the processes that lead to successful transfer, if applicable.
Purple Heart University
The Military Order of the Purple Heart designated UNT Dallas as a Purple Heart University on November 11, 2016. The honor recognizes UNT Dallas' commitment to serving veterans and their families and celebrates all members of the UNT Dallas community who serve or have served in the military.
GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government Web site at https://www.benefits.va.gov/gibill