Sign up today by completing the TBE Mentor Commitment Form.
Mentoring is a key component of the Trailblazer Elite program. Trailblazer Elite students will be paired with a member of the faculty or staff who will serve as a guide throughout the academic year. Current TBE students will also provide peer mentoring and support.
Program participants must be committed to interacting with their mentor/mentee to meet the requirements of the program.
Mentees are expected to:
- Respond to emails from a mentor within 48 hours
- Interact with your mentor a minimum of twice a month
- Attend any other arranged meetings with your mentor throughout the year
- Attend mentor/mentee group events and program recognition events, as available
Faculty/Staff Mentors will:
- Assist in setting goals to achieve academic and personal success
- Hold in-person or virtual meetings twice a month
- Serve as a point of reference in the event of academic difficulty
- Make nominations for end-of-year awards based on participation
Student Peer Mentors will:
- Assist in adjusting to campus life
- Serve as a guide to campus resources
- Host student-to-student Trailblazer Elite programs and events
- Provide support through on-going group and/or one-on-one meetings
See what past participants have to say
“I view Trailblazer Elite as part of my job as being a part of the community of the (UNT) system as whole and being a part of the community at large.”
Ron Brade, Chief Procurement Officer, UNT System
“As a mentor, I try to help my mentee set smart goals every year, both personally and academically. Then we work to get those goals achieved in a very strategic way.”
Alonzo Brooks, New Student Orientation Coordinator
"Anyone who has empathy and compassion for anyone can be a great mentor. Their parents may have not gone to college and don’t understand it and don’t have firsthand experience. You could be the person that shares that with your mentee.”
Jeremy Warmels, Office Manager, Principal Impact Collaborative
Please contact Sabrina.Hodge@untdallas.edu for information on becoming a sponsor.
Trailblazer Elite’s primary goal is to retain each student until college graduation. Currently, our program has the highest retention rate of college students at UNT Dallas.
Cohort 1 (2019) 84%
Cohort 2 (2020) 80%