2024- 2025 Resident Assistant Selection Process
The application for the Resident Assistant (RA) selection process will be available on February 2nd until February 16th, 2024. Interviews for the RAs will begin February 19th until March 1st.
Offers will then be extended on March 4th through March 8th.
For questions regarding the following positions, please contact Housing and Residence Life office: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Make sure to apply here!
Applicants for positions as Resident Assistant will go through the Residence Life selection process, which includes:
- Individual Interviews
- Group Interviews
Key dates in the Resident Assistant Residence Life selection process include:
January 31st | 3:00 PM | Wisdom Hall Multipurpose Room
February 2nd | 10:00 AM | Wisdom Hall Multipurpose Room
- February 5-16, 2024: Application Opens Online
- February 7th | 3:00 PM | Wisdom Hall Multipurpose Room
- February 9th | 10:00 AM | Wisdom Hall Multipurpose Room
- February 13th | 10:00 AM | Wisdom Hall Multipurpose Room
- February 16th, at 12 PM: Applications Close
- February 19th - 28th: Candidates receive invitation for individual interviews
- February 29th: Group Interviews/ RA Presentation
- March 1st, 2024: Follow up interviews if Professional Staff has more questions
- March 4th - March 8th, 2024: RA offers extended
Application and References
The application is the first step in the process of becoming a student staff member, and includes biographic information, a resume, short answer questions, and references.
- Short Answer Questions should be well-written and thoughtfully considered.
- Two Professional References will be asked for, including:
- Current or former UNT Dallas faculty or staff member
- Professional- former or current supervisor
- Additional optional Reference (Student Leader or Professional)
- A professional resume, in PDF form, is required as a part of the application. Email your resume to email@example.com. The Career Center offers guidance on resume writing, as well as individual appointments. We recommend that you utilize their support to create a professional resume.
We encourage you to contact your references in advance to ask them if they are willing to be listed, to share what positions you are applying for, and to notify them that they will receive an email upon submission of your application.
Once the completed application has been received, qualified candidates will be invited to an in person interview. Candidates will be asked a series of questions to help us gauge your experience and interest in the role.
Group Interview/ RA Presentation
Following the interview, depending on the amount of candidates, you will have a group interview or an RA presentation on February 29th. The candidate will provide the staff with a presentation regarding a specific topic. Candidates will have a maximum 10 minutes to present (PowerPoint recommended but not preferred). We encourage you to be your authentic self.
Dress code for the interview is business casual. Wear something that is comfortable and makes you feel your best.