We are excited you chose UNT Dallas to continue and complete your Bachelor’s degree. We understand you have many life factors that impact your need for concise and useful information. Your Transfer NSO (TNSO) is a 1-day event that focuses on your needs and respects the importance of your time.
Your 1-day experience will include various activities that ease your transition to UNT Dallas and begin the process of getting you involved with the many on and off-campus clubs, groups, and organizations we have to offer. You will experience the importance of our traditions and have a solid grasp of our expectations as you begin your journey at UNT Dallas!
COVID UPDATE FOR SUMMER AND FALL 2022
We continue to be responsive to the needs of our students and want to ensure that all student population types (i.e. Freshman and Transfer) can choose the most comfortable format for their orientation experience. NSO sessions will be offered both in an in-person and online format.
The Orientation Requirements: There will be two required components for your new student orientation and transition process.
- Complete Your Orientation Session – Be sure to register for an NSO session date via your myUNTD student portal. During these sessions, you will engage with your fellow incoming Trailblazers and
your orientation leader that will introduce you to helpful campus resources. Once
you have reserved your spot for an orientation session, please check your UNTD and
personal emails for more event details.
- Online Orientation Onboarding - You will be required to complete a set of online modules that are composed of essential information about UNT Dallas that highlights different department resources, how to get involved, and all available student services offered to you as a UNT Dallas student. To access your onboarding, we've provided instructions that will detail how you go about creating an account and getting started. Please note that you do not have to wait to attend a NSO session to begin working on your online orientation onboarding. In fact, we recommend you access it now! Be sure to follow the directions provided. You can complete this individually and at your own pace. However, you will need to complete this requirement prior to attending your NSO session. The onboarding should take no longer than 45 minutes to an hour to complete. Completing this module is required and your NSO hold will not update until you have successfully completed it. If you are having trouble accessing the platform, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (972) 338-1663.
We encourage all new students to reserve a spot as soon as possible to avoid any future enrollment barriers. NSO and course registration are two separate experiences at UNT Dallas. Both are required in order to fulfill your enrollment process. Reach out to your Success Coaching staff to get assistance with getting an appointment by emailing email@example.com, chat via their Purechat, or visit their webpage for more information.
Transfer New Student Orientation Dates
NSO sessions for new students starting in Summer and Fall 2022. See the session options below.
(Check-in opens 10 mins prior to each event; students must be in attendance and participate in the entire orientation session to get credit and have their hold removed).
We encourage you to register for orientation as soon as possible to secure your spot in the courses for the next upcoming semester. Attendance at these sessions is required for ALL new students.
Choosing Your NSO Experience
The Virtual Experience: Open to all students. We will offer these sessions via a live event format on Zoom. Online sessions will have a virtual capacity of 300 students.
- Friday, June 24, 2022 2pm-5pm
- Friday July 22, 2022 9am-12pm
- Wednesday, August 17, 2022 4pm-7pm
The In-Person Experience: Tailored content and programming per student type (i.e. Freshman vs. Transfer). Time options facilitate the maximization of staff and resources while respecting social distancing. In-person sessions will have a capacity of 100 students.
- Saturday, July 16, 2022 2pm-5pm
- Friday, August 5, 2022 9am-12pm
- Friday, August 5, 2022 2pm-5pm
How do I register for NSO?
For information about registering for your virtual online New Student Orientation, visit our orientation registration page. If you have any further questions or trouble registering for orientation, please don't hesitate to email us back at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (972) 338-1663.
Trailblazer Transition Check-Ins
Not available at this time-This is an opportunity to meet with an orientation staff member one-on-one in a 30-minute individual appointment. You will get help and get pointed in the right direction regarding your enrollment-related needs, additional campus resources, and any other issue pertinent to your student success. PLEASE NOTE: This is NOT an advising appointment and all academic-related questions should be directed to the advising office.
The $80 fee supplements the cost of new student “swag”, program implementation, online platform and software, staffing and other resources to ensure you are supported your first year at UNT Dallas. The orientation fee does NOT need to be paid up front or in order to attend orientation. It will be applied to your student account AFTER you have attended your required orientation session and can be paid online by logging into your MyUNTDallas portal. NOTE: You may use financial aid and scholarship funding to cover your NSO fee.
New Student Orientation wants to provide all of our new trailblazers more about UNT Dallas departments and campus resources. Check out our virtual orientation folder that helps expand on what you will have learned from your orientation session and your online orientation onboarding.
Items to remember
- Submit your final college transcript (if applicable) prior to or at your scheduled NSO.
- If 22 years of age or younger, you must show evidence of bacterial meningitis vaccination. For more information, visit the vaccination webpage.
- Visit the Admitted Student page for more information on your Next Steps in addition to New Student Orientation.