Who is eligible?
You are someone who wants to become a teacher and meets the following criteria:
- you have a Bachelor's degree, preferably in the subject you would like to teach
- you have a 3.0 GPA in your last sixty credit hours of undergraduate coursework or a 2.8 GPA on all undergraduate coursework
How do I apply?
Admission is a two-step process.
Step one includes applying to the UNT Dallas Graduate School.
- If you are seeking Graduate Teacher Certification Only: Apply to UNTD Graduate School as a non-degree seeking student. Complete the graduate non-degree application at ApplyTexas.org.
- If you are seeking Graduate Teacher Certification + Master’s in C&I: Apply to UNTD Graduate School as a degree- seeking student. Complete the graduate application at ApplyTexas.org.
After you have been admitted to the Graduate School, apply to the program by submitting the following:
Curriculum and Instruction Program Application Form – Indicate Master's Only, Master’s with Certification, or Certification Only for the desired program(s).
Supporting Documentation - You can upload these documents with the online application and/or submit to CurriculumandInstrucation@untdallas.edu.
- Two Recommendation Letters
- Admissions Essays
- A passing score on your PACT exam if minimum content credits are not met
Deadlines and links can be found at the UNT Dallas Graduate School.
What about my PACT?
The Pre-Admission Content Test (PACT) is required for admission to our program or completed content coursework requirements (described above). Learn more about which TX PACT is required for each area of certification. For more information about TX PACT exams and how to register - visit this site.
Who do I contact with questions?
Curriculum & Instruction Program Coordinator, Dr. Kessner-McShane