What is a bachelor’s degree in Information Technology at UNT Dallas?
Information Technology remains one of the fastest-growing industries in America. A bachelor’s degree in IT from UNT Dallas opens doors to thousands of job opportunities in Dallas-Fort Worth and the world in nearly every industry from software development, database administration and network administration, to health care and education. Do your friends and family come to you with all their computer questions? Are you not satisfied until you solve the issue? Are you interested in the science of computer technology, computer security and software development? A Bachelor of Arts degree in Information Technology from the School of Liberal Arts and Sciences provides students an affordable path to build your technical abilities and gain the communication and professional skills you need to enter a career of unlimited possibilities and to become a leader in the industry.
What marketable skills will I learn?
- Design, implement, and evaluate computer-based solutions
- Make use of industry standard applications and tools to develop information systems
- Critically and computationally analyze complex problems within the context of information technology
- Communicate effectively as either an individual or as a leader of a team
- Analyze and use the work of others to add value to the community in a socially responsible way through informed decisions making
Why earn a bachelor’s degree in Information Technology from UNT Dallas?
Information Technology majors certainly deal with numbers, but at UNT Dallas you will never be one. Small class sizes afford our renowned professors the ability to stand beside you every step of the way through graduation, making sure you fully understand and apply new concepts. Our affordable degree program also provides students substantial opportunity through partnerships with the necessary and up-to-date practical skills in the applications and tools that prepare them for a variety of careers in IT.
What career opportunities are available with an Information Technology degree?
Information drives our economy, which means every industry needs qualified IT professionals, from aerospace to motion pictures to telecommunications. As an IT major, you’ll perform duties ranging from installing applications to designing and implementing complex computer networks and information systems. Some of the careers that UNT Dallas students with a degree in Information Technology enter include:
- Data and information management
- Database systems design and administration
- Software development
- Systems and network administration
- System analysis and design
- IT project Management
- Computer Security