Setting our students up for success is paramount.
Please consider these resources as you integrate and implement high impact experiential learning for your students.
UNT Dallas Affiliation Agreement Process
We require an affiliation agreement from all organizations looking to hire UNT Dallas students for experiential learning opportunities. Please encourage your students to contact the Experiential Learning office to obtain a list of community partners with agreements or to request an affiliation agreement from a new site.
A list of approved companies with an affiliation agreement on file with UNT Dallas can be found on the internal University Drive: Dallas Shared Drive under Experiential Learning - Affiliation Agreements.
Best Practices and Resources
1. Best Practices for an Internship Program
2. Eight Principles of Good Practice for Experience Learning
3. A Faculty Guide to Ethical and Legal Standards in Student Hiring
6. The Positive Implications of Internships on Early Career Outcomes
7. High Impact Educational Practices
8. Campus Compact National Podcasts on Community Engagement
Services Provided to Faculty:
- Assistance in providing experiential learning opportunities for their students
- Showcasing the great work you and your students are doing around experiential learning
- Assistance in the capturing and recording processes
- Request educational materials and presentations about experiential learning
- Internship course development
- Informational materials and resources of the university policies, and best practices for experiential learning
If you are interested in these services and more, please email Eronia.King@untdallas.edu
Experiential Learning Opportunities for Your Students:
Please contact us for a list of organizations that are looking for UNTD students to complete internships, service learning, and volunteer hours.
Share Your Experience:
Did you have a phenomenal experience this semester with your students and their experiential learning activities? We are always interested in promoting the successes of our faculty. Share your story here.
Experiential Learning Data Collection:
We are actively documenting experiential learning each semester. This information is needed for numerous reasons, one of which is to support the goals of CRED, our Quality Enhancement Plan. Additionally, data will help support the need for funding for future experiential learning opportunities. As part of the UNT System strategic plan, each campus is being asked to assess the ways in which faculty engage our students with experiential learning, and to what capacity. Please participate in survey’s sent from our office and encourage students to complete surveys as well.