What is Live Help?
Live Help is like a walk-in appointment; if a tutor in the particular subject area a student needs help with is available, students can get immediate assistance with a question, task, or assignment. To get online tutoring right away, simply select a topic and subject from the drop-down menu, click “Connect” and begin learning from a live tutor through the Brainfuse Whiteboard.
How Do I Access Live Help?
- Select a topic and subject. If you don’t see your topic, type it in the search bar, and you will be matched with a tutor.
- Click “Check Tutor Availability”. Most subjects are available 24/7, but on the off chance it’s not, a pop-up box with the times that subject is available will appear.
- Click on “Preferences”. Use this to speak with a Spanish speaking tutor and/or to turn on audio for this session.
- Select "Connect". The whiteboard will load within a few minutes (normally within a few seconds). Your tutor will be available through the chat box and will message you when they’re ready to begin.
- You may now communicate with the Tutor by typing on the whiteboard area.
- Click the phone icon in the top left corner of the chat box if you chose to turn audio on
- Use the Exit/Options button at the top-right corner when you are done.
- Click End Session to confirm and exit.
- Once your session ends, you will be taken to a survey about your experience.
How-to schedule a Tutoring Sessions
If Live Help tutoring is not available immediately, students will likely have to schedule a time to meet with a tutor to discuss their topic and questions. Scheduling an appointment guarantees students a specific, locked-in time to work with a tutor.