What is the Learning Commons?
The Learning Commons is also known as the center for tutoring. We are located in the NEW Student Service Building on the 2nd floor. Our mission is to:
- motivate students to persevere and persist in their academic journeys,
- strengthen students' cognitive skills by challenging them to think critically and problem-solve independently in a collaborative environment,
- and support students' academic, professional, and personal development in a way that helps them connect academia to real-world application.
How Can We Help?
The Learning Commons consists of three main tutoring areas:
- Writing Center (writing support)
- Math Lab (math support)
- Peer Tutoring (general subject tutoring, such as science, accounting, finance, and statistics)
- Supplemental Instruction (SI) and Study Prep Leaders
All of our tutoring services are FREE for students enrolled at UNT Dallas. Whether you feel like you need extra resources and tools or just want to extend your learning in a social environment, the Learning Commons is here to help. We also offer FREE online tutoring services through Smarthinking. Check out the Smarthinking tab for more information.