Interested program candidates may be eligible to pursue principal certification based on the following requirements.
- possess a master's degree from an accredited institution of higher learning;
- successfully complete the appropriate examinations required;
- hold a valid classroom teaching certificate;
- possess two creditable years of teaching; successfully complete the requirements of the UNT Dallas principal certification only program
Interested program candidates can complete a certification plan in consultation with the Program Coordinator for Educational Leadership.
Students who wish to transfer courses may be able to transfer up to 6 hours of course credit into the program. Transfer hours must be evaluated and approved by the program coordinator. Transfer hours must be at the 5000-level or higher and may not be older than six (6) years when the certification requirements are completed.
Principal Certification Required Courses
- EDLE 5300 -- Introduction to Educational Leadership
- EDLE 5330 -- The Principalship
- EDLE 5620 -- Leadership for Student Educational Services
- EDLE 5500 – Internship
- EDLE 5650 – Professional Development and Supervision
- EDLE 5370 -- Leadership of Assessment, Accountability, and Evaluation