Student Plan for Academic REcovery (SPARE) Program
The Student Plan for Academic Recovery (SPARE) program is designed and required for all students who find themselves in any academic status other than good standing. As a result, a hold will be placed on your MyUNTD account. In order to have your hold removed prior to the start of registration you must complete the following steps:
- Complete the online SPARE Workshop prior to registering for future courses/meeting with an academic advisor. (The workshop takes an average of 10 – 45 minutes.)
- Carefully read through the Academic Contract located on your MyUNTD account prior to registering for future courses/meeting with an academic advisor.
- Meet with an advisor to review your academic progress and talk about minimum grades needed in order to recover your Cumulative GPA.
You must complete all 3 steps of the SPARE program prior to registering for any future courses.
The SPARE Workshop answers the following questions:
- What is academic alert and probation?
- What is the impact of having a cumulative GPA below a 2.00?
- What can students do to earn and maintain a 2.00?
How to Access the SPARE Workshop?
Click SPARE Workshop to begin
Need help with…
- Logging In? Click on the “Need Help?” link to the right of the log in
- Finding the course on Canvas? Contact email@example.com.
- Module content? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
What does the online SPARE Workshop consist of?
Each section features a presentation (both video and PowerPoint available as options) and a quiz. You must earn a score of 40/50 or higher to move on to the next section. Once you have successfully completed the quiz then, the next module will be revealed under the SPARE Workshop Modules page.
You can repeat each quiz up to three times. Pay close attention to each section presentation and take plenty of notes.
Navigating the SPARE Workshop Click the Modules link on the left panel to begin