This page has been developed to provide training in Counseling Supervision and inform you about expectations and requirements for UNT Dallas Supervisory Internship Experiences.
All Masters counseling students enrolled in Practicum or Internship must be supervised by an appropriately credentialed site supervisor. According to the Council for Accreditation of Counseling and Related Educational Programs (CACREP) 2009 Standards, site supervisors for students engaged in counseling clinical preparatory experiences must meet the following qualifications:
- Hold a minimum of a master's degree in counseling or a related profession with equivalent qualifications
- Hold appropriate professional licenses and/or certifications
- Have a minimum of two years of professional experience in the program area in which the student is enrolled
- Demonstrate knowledge of the Counselor Education program's expectations, requirements and evaluation procedures for clinical experiences
- Have appropriate training in counseling supervision
All Masters school counseling students enrolled in Practicum or Internship must be supervised by an appropriately credentialed site supervisor as defined by TEA. Site supervisors for students engaged in a school counseling practicum or internship must meet the following qualifications:
- have at least three years of experience in school counseling
- hold a Texas School Counseling Certificate
- complete training by the EPP, including training in how to coach and mentor candidates, within three weeks of being assigned to a practicum candidate;
- be an accomplished educator as shown by student learning;
- guide, assist, and support the candidate during the practicum; and
- report the candidate's progress to the candidate's university supervisor.
This page provides training materials and information relevant to counseling supervision, specifically for UNT Dallas Students.
We appreciate your willingness to participate in this supervisory experience with our students.
Contact information for UNT Dallas Internship
Dr. Yu-Fen Lin (Internship Coordinator, CMHC Lead)
Dr. Shelley Jackson (School Counseling Lead)
Documents for School Counselor Supervisors:
- Field Site Supervisor Registration
- Practicum Internship Contract
- Observations of School Counselors Evaluation
- TEA Ethical Code (please sign and submit to Shelley.firstname.lastname@example.org)
- School Counseling Evaluation of Practicum and Internship Students
- PCPE for Practicum and Internship and Practicum School Counselors
- School Counseling Field Supervision Orientation Handbook
- Internship School Counseling Supervisor Orientation and Training