Saving Page Edits
There are two methods of saving your edits within Omni CMS while you are working:
- Click on the Save and Exit icon. This will save all of your changes (but not publish) and take you out of the edit
mode for the region you are currently in.
- Use the keyboard shortcut ctrl-s or cmd-s (mac). Your cursor must be in the editable region for the keyboard shortcut to work.
By using the keyboard shortcut instead of the icon, your edits are saved but you are
not required to exit out of the editing mode.
Saving Page Versions
Omni CMS has a Version control system in place to allow you to revert to previously
saved versions of a page. Every time a page file is published, a unique version of a page is saved through the automatic version control system.
You can also save a new version without submitting publishing by following the steps
Save a New Version Without Publishing
- Open a page to Edit View.
- From the Page Actions Toolbar, click the three dots near the publish or approve button,
then click Save Version.
- This will bring up a modal with a box for Version Description. Enter a description
to help you identify the version later on.
Once finished, click “Save Version”.
The Versions Screen
The Versions tab of a page is where you go to manage the saved versions of the page.
To access the Versions Screen for a page, you should:
- Open a Page in Omni CMS.
- Check out the page by clicking the lightbulb icon.
- While viewing the checked out page, click the Versions button from the Page Actions
Toolbar. This displays the Versions screen.
- On the Versions screen you will see a list of all saved versions of the page.
Viewing a Previous Version
From the Versions screen, a version of the page can be viewed. These views of a page
version are provided in a separate browser window or tab.
- From the Versions screen, hover over the row for the version.
- While hovering over the row, find the three dots from the Options column (far right).
- From View, select Page.
The version of the page is displayed.
Reverting to a Previous Version
The Versions screen includes the ability to revert to a previous version of a page.
- Hover over the row for the version, then click the three dots on the far right.
- Click “Revert”.
- A confirmation dialog will be shown.
- Click Revert.
A success message shows to which version the page was reverted.
Note: Reverting to the Version will not make the page live. It will only be changed in edit
view. In order to publish the version, you will need to publish the page.