To be considered for Summer Financial Aid, you must:
- Be accepted for admission by the university and enrolled in an eligible degree program. Visiting students are not eligible for financial aid.
- Complete the FAFSA or the Renewal FAFSA. Priority is given to early applicants.
- The 2022-2023 FAFSA is used to determine eligibility for the Summer 2023 term.
- If you have a TASFA on file for the current academic year, you will need to indicate
that you are a TASFA applicant on the Summer Expected Enrollment form.
- The 2022-2023 TASFA is used to determine eligibility for the Summer 2023 term.
- Complete the Summer Expected Enrollment form in your myDallas or myLaw student portal.
- Verify and finalize any pending items by checking your “To Do List” in the "task tile" on myDallas or myLaw portal.
- The deadline to submit the Summer 2023 Expected Enrollment Form is Friday, July 21, 2023. Late submissions will not be accepted.
- The deadline to submit the 2022-2023 FAFSA or TASFA application is June 30, 2023. Late submissions will not be accepted.
To complete the Summer Financial Aid application, you must:
UNT DALLAS Enrollment Chart
|Three Quarter Time
|Less Than Half Time
|less than 6 hours
|less than 5 hours
Summer financial aid funds will begin disbursing on the first day of each session once the student begins attendance in the minimum required hours.
Example: Joe enrolled in 6 hours for the summer term. Joe starts his first 3-hour class on 5/15/20232. On 6/5/2023 he starts attendance in his second 3-hour class. When Joe started attending on 6/5/2023 he met the half time attendance requirement and aid will now disburse.
If you are currently receiving the TEXAS Grant or are part of the Dallas County Promise scholarship program, and intend to use those funds during the summer, be aware of the following minimum enrollment requirements.
- Texas Grant – 9 hours required to be eligible for funding
- Dallas County Promise – 6 hours required to be eligible for funding
Summer Dallas Promise students will have their accounts reviewed for possible funding beginning on Monday, July 18, 2023.