Student Choice Refund Options
The University of North Texas at Dallas has partnered with Nelnet to process student refunds for all UNTD and COL students. This partnership allows for more efficient processing of refunds. Refunds sent to Nelnet will be processed according to the refunding method the student has elected.
- Direct Deposit (ACH) – If you choose this option, you will need to enter your existing bank routing and account numbers. Typically this takes 2-3 days for the money to become available in your account from the date your refund is processed.
- Prepaid Debit Card - If you choose this option, you will need to enter the routing and account numbers for the card. Typically this takes 2-3 days for the money to become available in your account from the date your refund is processed.
How do I select a refund method?
- Log in to myUNTD or myLAW
- Click on the Student Account tile.
- Click on the “Refunds” link on the left side of the screen.
- Click on “Manage UNT Refund Choice”.
- This will take you to the QuikPAY / Student Choice Refund site where you select your refund preference.
- Confirm your identity with Authorization Code by student email or text.
- Then complete refund selection - choose between direct deposit or a re-loadable debit card of your choice
Important Information Regarding Refunds
Some types of financial aid can only be used to pay for certain charges. Therefore, you may receive a refund even if you have outstanding charges on your student account. If a balance remains on your account after you receive a financial aid refund, you are responsible for paying it in full on time each semester. Please review your student account frequently throughout each term for balances owed.
It is important to note that credit balances resulting from self-payments (ex. Cash, check, credit card, etc.) will be used to pay any outstanding debt owed to the University, to include debt for future terms. Credit balances resulting from sponsored payments will be reviewed to determine whether the funds should be returned to the sponsor.
Refunds for Class Drop
The semester's first class day is always the first official university day of classes, not the first day of an individual's class. You may receive a refund directly to you if your tuition and fee charges were paid in full prior to dropping the class or withdrawing from the session.
Refunds for Withdrawing from SessionSee Important Dates for specific dates for receiving a refund for withdrawing from a session or semester.
Return of financial aid after Drop/Withdrawal
If you drop classes or withdraw from the semester, you may be required to return all or a portion of the financial aid that you accepted. This situation could result in you owing funds to UNT Dallas, the government, or both.
If you are considering withdrawal from UNT Dallas, please contact a Financial Aid counselor and your Academic Advisor so your decision will be based on a clear understanding of the consequences of withdrawing from all classes.