The mission of the Office of the Registrar is to provide accurate and timely customer service and information to students, faculty, staff, alumni, central administration, and external constituencies.
The Office of the Registrar:
- Collects and disseminates student and academic information through processes that, as the official custodian of student academic records, ensure the integrity and security of all records, particularly those covered under the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA);
- Serves as the link in administering the academic policies of the law school between faculty and students to ensure proper interpretation and understanding;
- Produces the academic calendar in coordination with the main campus;
- Maintains the law school catalog and course information;
- Handles all aspects of course registration to include enrolling new students into their respective first and second year courses;
- Supports faculty teaching by scheduling classrooms and by administering all examinations;
- Maintains a system of blind grading and oversees the processing and distribution of
Issues transcripts and processes enrollment verifications, degree verifications and student deferments;
- Processes student petitions, academic action, and dean’s list;
- Oversees degree audits, the graduation process, commencement, bar exam certifications, and the issuance of diplomas;
- Provides student rankings;
- Provide data for reports and planning, such as the preparation of the annual ABA Questionnaire, regionally accrediting bodies, and state reporting.