UNT Dallas WordmarkThe UNT Dallas wordmark is the official logo authorized for use at UNT Dallas. The mark may be used with or without the official university name beneath the wordmark. Each department has its own version of the authorized UNT Dallas logo. If you need access to your departmental logo, please contact the marketing team.
Trailblazers Spirit Mark
The UNT Dallas Trailblazer spirit mark is an informal, bold and energetic representation of UNT Dallas. It suggests pride and affinity. The mascot is formally referred to as Blaze, while the students are referred to as Trailblazers.
The spirit mark may be used:
- In informal contexts, such as: athletics, alumni materials, school spirit activities with current students, secondary recruiting communications (initial contact with prospective students should include the main university logo), and on apparel and promotional items, along with the university name. If you use a version without text, the main university logo must accompany the spirit mark in the design piece.
- As a graphic within academic departments to promote spirit and social events, and in recruitment and promotional materials, along with the university name.
The spirit mark may not be used:
- For official UNT Dallas communications, such as: official notification letters of admission, letters for hire, contracts, and grant proposals
- As a lockup with the UNT Dallas logotype and signature system, nor may a new lockup or signature be created using the Trailblazer spirit mark
- For formal business purposes
The official UNT Dallas seal is the most important formal symbol belonging to the institution and is reserved for use by the Office of the President. Per Regents Rule 04.803, the seal is reserved for the highest and most formal communication and for ceremonial commemorative and promissory purposes. The Marketing & Communications Department is responsible for ensuring the appropriate use of the seal. Board approval is required for revision to the seal. There is only one institutional seal. The institutional seal may only be reproduced in neutral colors including black, silver or gold. Use of the UNT Dallas seal requires Marketing & Communications approval.
Official UNT Dallas Colors
The official colors of the University of North Texas at Dallas are UNT Dallas blue and white. Secondary colors, such as yellow, black, gray and green can also be used as long as the majority of the design is created with UNT Dallas blue and white. Often, a shade of 80% gray is used for lettering/vertical bar in the logo
UNT Dallas Blue is PMS 293.
UNT Dallas Green is PMS 356
UNT Dallas Yellow is PMS 7405
- Black, white, and 80% gray may be used as accents
CMYK mixes vary based on printers, equipment, etc. Please contact Marketing & Communications for assistance determining the appropriate mix for your project.
Consistency of typography is one way to create a uniformed look in all UNT Dallas publications. The recommended typefaces for university communications are Calibri, Georgia and Times Roman. These typefaces have been carefully selected to complement one another.
• Georgia is used for formal printed communications and in electronic presentations
• Calibri is used for email, electronic newsletters, and in electronic presentations
• Fira Sans is an alternate font used for printed communications and in electronic presentations
Social Media Guidelines
- No religious posts; no support of any organization, company, movement, or entity that’s in direct conflict with the mission, value, and goals of UNT Dallas. All UNT Dallas social media sites are property of the university and should be managed with that in mind. UNT Dallas social media channels should not be used to express anyone’s personal views or opinions, but rather the mission of the university.
- Only the UNT Dallas marketing and communications department and campus leadership should have access to the main UNT Dallas social media channels.
- Only members of the UNT Dallas marketing and communications department should be posting to the main UNT Dallas social media platforms.
- If a department or faculty member wants information posted to the social media page then it must be submitted with full details in writing at least one week before the date they would like it posted.
- There are to be no posts to any social media platform supporting or speaking negatively about any political party. Posts supporting voting are encouraged.
- The UNT Dallas marketing and communications department and UNT Dallas campus leadership may ask any UNT Dallas department, organization, or entity to remove a post, photo, comment or video at the discretion of the university.The social media accounts are property of UNT Dallas and do not belong to any individual, group, department or organization. Posting to these accounts is a representation of the university, not a personal representation of the user.