1) I received a requisition budget error; how can I clear the error?
1. Double check your chart strings to make sure you input the correct numbers that corresponds to the department chart string.
2. If you are using the next fiscal year budget make sure to change the date on the budget period to next fiscal year budget.
3. Complete an ABA to move funds to the corresponding B-level. For more clarification view the Cognos and ABA training powerpoint located in the training link.
2) I completed a Concur travel request or expense report and received an insufficient error. What needs to be completed?
Complete an ABA to transfer funds. For more clarification view the Cognos and ABA training PowerPoint located in the training link.
3) How do I view my budget report?
1. Login into https://finance.untsystem.edu/reporting
2. Go to Financial Reporting tab
3. Click FIN030- Budget Overview
4. Enter your Dept. ID# in the search field – Highlight the Dept. ID and click Insert
5. Scroll down and click Finish
(You can view the Cognos training powerpoint.)
4) How do I get access to Cognos?
Email email@example.com to grant acesss to Cognos, include your employee ID number and EUID.
5) What is the difference between ABA and IDT?
Automated budget authorization (ABA) is to transfer funds from one D-Level account to another, or one department to another. The budget office is responsible for ABA. Inter-department Transaction is to re-class an actual expense to the correct chart string or expense account. Also, IDT is any exchange goods/services from one department to another in the same institution. Comptroller office is responsible for the IDT.
6) How do I get access to complete an ABA or IDT?
You must attend a training to retrieve access as an entry/inquiry role.
7) Where do I view for upcoming training sessions?
You are able to view upcoming training in UNT BRidge Learning or in the UNTD Budget office website under the training link in the “upcoming training sessions” section.
8) I have a conflict on the upcoming training schedule, or I would like to schedule a department budget training. What are my options?
Email your request to the budget office and a budget staff member will contact you to schedule a budget session for individuals or departments.
Any other questions related to the institution budget can be email to firstname.lastname@example.org