What is an MBA concentration in Economic Development?
This concentration is designed to equip students with a strong foundation in business management and leadership skills, while also providing them with the knowledge and tools necessary to promote economic growth and sustainable development in various communities and regions.
The curriculum in the economic development track covers a wide range of subjects. In addition to the core business courses, students pursuing an MBA in economic development will also delve into specialized topics such as economic theory and research, business attraction and retention, real estate and entrpreneurship.
Employment and Outlook
- Urban and Regional Planners (Occupational Outlook Handbook 9/8/22)
- Economic Development Director, Manager, Coordinator, Specialist
- Economic Development Analyst
- Economic Development Project Manager
- Salary.com cites a range from $60k - $80k
- Higher ranges exist. For example the Economic Development Director in Brownsville, TX range is $78,331 – 117,791
Offered in partnership with The University of Southern Mississippi (USM)—a leader in Economic Development education.
A student who successfully completes the requirements of this concentration will earn an MBA with a concentration in Economic Development from UNT Dallas and a Graduate Certificate in Economic Development from USM.
Apply to the MBA Economic Development Program at UNT Dallas today:
Admissions intakes are only available in Fall semesters
- Submit an application for the Graduate School through Apply Texas
- Select the degree program
- UNT Dallas Graduate School
- Master of Business Administration
- Select your MBA concentration
- Provide official transcripts from all colleges and universities that you have attended
- Students must also be admitted to USM's Graduate Certificate program.