The degree to become a teacher is the Bachelor of Science, Education. Students who want to become a teacher also choose a certification pathway. Our program currently offers certification pathways - all in high needs hiring areas.
- Elementary and English as a Second Language (EC-6/ESL)
- Elementary and Bilingual (EC-6/Bilingual)
- Elementary and Special Education All Grades (EC-6/SpEd EC-12)
- Middle Grades Math and ESL (Math 4-8/ESL)
- Middle Grades Science and ESL (Science 4-8/ESL)
- Middle Grades Social Studies and ESL (Social Studies 4-8/ESL)
- Middle Grades English, Language Arts, and Reading and ESL (ELAR 4-8/ESL)
- Spanish All Grades (Languages Other Than English LOTE EC-12)
Teacher Education Program Admissions
What marketable skills will I learn?
- Communicate with diverse demographic groups utilizing English as a Second Language and bilingual development and intervention strategies
- Provided educational and professional assistance to culturally and linguistically diverse stakeholders from varied demographic groups
- Developed instructional activities to facilitate and support development of higher-order cognitive and thinking skills - analysis, synthesis, and evaluation
- Received professional preparation in facilitating and engaging in collaborative and cooperative projects